11-07-2020, 10:14 PM   #1256
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
I worked Public Order for 10 years, they tend to weed out those who can't take the verbal abuse.....you can say just about anything to me and I don't care, call my mom a whore....maybe you dated her and know something I don't....talk about my wives....any of them, trash talk my kids.....whatever.....but don't touch the blue, don't spit on me don't throw shit at me....and when I say me I mean anyone wearing the blue. We used to go out early in the day in "soft tac", ball cap's no helmets or shields. We practiced an approach where we would personalize ourselves to the crowd, folks are less likely to throw a brick at you if they talked to you earlier in the day, we were very friendly, fuck I was damn charming. That bought us a lot of good will, but don't be fooled, if things started to degrade we would happily bring the pain. You have to remember that it's not personal for the cops, it's just the job.

When you get a ticket for speeding for example, you will likely have your day ruined by it, you'll likely complain to your co-workers and your significant other. The copper that gave you the ticket has forgotten about you by the time he's back in his car and thinking about what he's getting for lunch. So when you call me pig or what ever you think is clever I'm thinking about getting Chinese take out later. Hope that helps. Oh, and I worked in Chinatown.....I miss the good lo-mein.
I have been ticketed. But it never ruined my day. Part and parcel driving is sometimes you are in violation of something (my case usually speed) and once in a blue moon by enough and at the wrong place - boom. I never gave it a second thought. A CHP nailed me once in California driving my 240Z on the highway early AM doing about 90 MPH. He asked my how fast I thought I was going. I said "too fast or we wouldn't be talking". He was amused and wrote me up for a lower number. Heck, it was 6 AM and an empty freeway.

Funniest thing about these current riots about defund the police is when someone drives through their illegal road blockage they are all yelling "where are the cops".
Appreciate 5
F30lolz6798.50
Murf99314114.00
scostu1623.00