01-21-2022, 08:48 AM   #956
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryatl View Post
In the same boat as you, car is going in next week due to determine what needs to be done. What is your expectation in terms of BMW extending warranty or anything? Think we could get BMW to give us new cars and take this back?
No clue. BMW won’t discuss what concessions, if any, they’re giving me until I get the car back.

If you want to force a buy back, I’d look into whatever lemon laws your state has. Is it possible to force a buy back? Depends on the circumstances but that really is the last thing I want considering the market we’re in. Getting them to buy it back without an immediate replacement is useless.

I’m not a guy with a stable full of cars where I would be happy to have them buy me out and drive one of my other vehicles. This is my only car (aside from my wife’s).

Good luck and keep us posted. There doesn’t seem to be a ton of people posting about their saga. A couple guys that had their cars “fixed” but that’s it.

AFAIK, I’m the only one with an engine replacement thus far. Would love to know if that holds.
Appreciate 0