07-25-2021, 12:39 PM   #35
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by naywa01 View Post
To be fair (and in line with other comments about different price classes etc.) he did mention they had purposely gone for a 'base' model Carrera with no options.

At least here in the UK (with enough restraint to ignore the trinkets on the options list) the M4 Comp (the only version we'll get, at least until the CS!) and the standard Carrera 2 are within £8k or circa 10% at list price. The M3 Comp is another £2k cheaper, but even then the base 'on the road' price is within £10k of the 911.

I suppose the key difference is you'll get better discounts and finance offers from BMW than you will on a 911!!

Having said all that I would definitely not say no if someone offered me the key to either of these cars. Yes, the M3 will be faster in straight line, which of course is not the be all and end all (e.g. Audi), and I'm under no illusions they offer similar driving experiences…
Watched a UK video on the C8. Forgetting about price gouging dealers here, the car would MSRP ~ $85,000--3LT, Z51, etc. In the UK with all of the import, taxes, and so on, the Vette would cost about the same as a 992 C4S. The difference here would be at least $55,000 in MSRP. The price was 132,000 Pounds.
Appreciate 0