Thread: 2 kids vs 3
View Single Post
      04-17-2024, 06:06 AM   #46
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I can tell you there are all kinds of horror stories about having 1, 3 or more, for some reason everyone thinks 2 seems to work, I grew up with an older sister we never got along, we fought like cats and dogs, you can psycho analysis that to death, however today we get along really well, maybe because we both had to step up and help our parents, or maybe we both stop being self center and decided there were more important things.

My wife came from family of 7, 20 yrs between the oldest and youngest, the youngest kinda grew up as only child, act like one most times, but they all get along. We all would go in vacations together and rent big beach homes and hang out for a week, we did this for 20 yrs, at one point we had 35 people staying together. Can not tell you why they all get along, since they mostly complain about each other. But if you piss one off you have to deal with other 6. They stick together and circle the wagons.

Now I will tell you most people I know who have 3 kids say that 3 kids is expensive since most things are set up for family of 4. A simple example going on vacation, try put 5 people in a hotel room, at some point the three kids do not want to be in same bed together, telling one they are sleeping on the pullout, couch, or floor makes them think you do not like them so you are forced into pay for second room to keep peace. There is no paying for two kids and getting the 3rd free.

Not sure how my wife family did it growing up, since they use to vacation together and it never seem to be an issue thus the reason they kept doing as adults. Use to hear stories of all them piling into station wagon, and two kids sitting in the foot wells and 3 on back set and two all the way in back. You would not get away with that today without someone calling the police on you.

Good luck on whatever your decisions is. I personally think no matter how it works out the kids own personality has more to do with why they will or will not get along verse how well the parents try to make things work.
Appreciate 1