United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M, 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
link?
No link. This was a bulletin posted by BMW to dealerships on 11/23.

Exert:

Beginning on November 23, 2021 the BMW Technical Support Team is pleased to announce the rollout of the “ISTA Aftermarket Engine Tuning Detection and Repair Authorization” process.

This process, recently published as service bulletin B00 04 21, describes the procedure to address vehicles which have been identified by ISTA Aftermarket Engine Tuning Detection.

Vehicles identified by ISTA Aftermarket Engine Tuning Detection will alert technicians via:

• Pop-up message in ISTA

• Fault code S 0777 in the fault memory list
Can you please post the full text of the SIB? They mention there is now a full process that is to be followed when a car is flagged. Let's see the details.

Also for those who keep saying "my tech knew the car was tuned and I never had any issues" that really doesn't mean anything anymore. If your boss (BMW NA in this case) now says "you must follow this process from now on" and a tech ignores it, their job is now on the line. I highly doubt that most techs will risk their livelihood to protect a tuned car.

Still, I would really like to see the full bulletin/text so that we can understand EXACTLY how this new process will affect us.
Appreciate 0