e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
I don't think I attack anyone, if I could figure this issue out for myself I think I'd be better off for it. Dealing in absolutes on this particular matter is not correct, since there's no way to validate the truth. I don't favor one side or the other, and think atheists are equally wrong in their absolutism. Likewise, I can see how my position is "the coward's way out" and that it's better to believe in something than to believe in nothing. Notwithstanding all of that, even if a higher power is real, I still don't understand how from the religious texts each major religion follows that they can, without a shadow of a doubt conclude that they are correct, when the others have established something completely opposite (in the sense that the others are condemned to hell for eternity).
That's the point about "faith". The context of "beyond a shadow of doubt" is immaterial to the position...
That's what I really struggle with given the work I've put into in the search for truth. Not sure what else I can do, but faith alone isn't enough.
Appreciate 0