View Single Post
      05-11-2021, 08:22 PM   #43
dJt3xtbook
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
I don't get much attention as my car is black.

But until know I basically just drove to work and back home
But at work a lot of people wrote me and complimented after seeing it outside

And also when I'm cleaning sometimes people come over to take a look and say "in person it's really a good looking car".

BSM G82 owner here. Almost got the SPY, but I'm not the 'flashy' type so this works out better for me.

I work from home, so I don't get out often (meager 500ish miles in the first month + of ownership so far), but already had a few encounters/reactions.

1. Pulled into a Ralph's (grocery store) parking lot and I got out of the car. A Mercedes-Maybach GLS suddenly brakes shortly after passing behind me and the driver rolls down his window. Asked if it was the new M4 and I said yes. Asked how I felt about the new front grill and I said I personally liked it. My girlfriend is normally slow to get out of the car and she finally opens her door to reveal the Kyalami Orange interior and he commented on it. Then he asked me if I got the carbon bucket seats and I said no, to which he responds, "Probably hard to find, huh?" This wasn't the case, but I didn't have a chance to explain as he was blocking the pathway for other cars, so he just pulled away.

2. Went to a place to get my car tinted. Another customer was already there getting his Porsche Cayman tinted. While I was talking to the employee about what kind of tint I wanted, I see the Cayman owner walking around my G82 outside and checking it out.

3. Another market story. Went to a Trader Joe's and was putting my groceries into my trunk. Some other BMW owner was parked a few spots away from me and asked me if it was the new M4 and how I felt about the new grill. Same replies as #1 above. Then he asked me if I got the manual and I said yes, to which he replied....that's how you gotta do it!

4. Parked in a large public parking lot while going to Buffalo Wild Wings. While walking back to my car, I saw a couple of younger folk (late teens, early 20s) circling around it. Not really a great sign when you're in a somewhat sketchy area of Los Angeles and had just witnessed a street fight outside, so adrenaline was high. However, as my girlfriend and I were walking closer, we can hear that these kids were just admiring my car. Couldn't really catch most of what they were saying, but they sounded excited and the one thing I did hear was, "OH, it's a 6 speed too!". Then they saw us approaching and walked off in the other direction. However, as I backed out of my spot, I could see through my rearview camera that their car was only a few spots away and they were still staring at and admiring my car. Just for that, I hit the M2 button (my most aggressive setting), pushed the clutch in and gave them a few revs which they seemed to enjoy.
Appreciate 4
02M3ForMe4261.50
heavyD^23688.50
Scorp!on1514.50
maelfyn156.50