View Single Post
      05-10-2021, 07:14 AM   #39
JKSouthFlorida
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5, 2021 M4Comp, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
This question was buried in the middle of one of the long threads so I thought I'd make it into its own thread for people to chime in as they get their cars.

What kind of reactions are you receiving on your car from family, friends, other drivers, people on the street, parking lots, etc?

And maybe throw in what color you have for the heck of it. What kind of reaction does SPY get vs something like a more "normal" white?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
This question was buried in the middle of one of the long threads so I thought I'd make it into its own thread for people to chime in as they get their cars.

What kind of reactions are you receiving on your car from family, friends, other drivers, people on the street, parking lots, etc?

And maybe throw in what color you have for the heck of it. What kind of reaction does SPY get vs something like a more "normal" white?
Been driving my M4 Brooklyn Grey for 3 weeks. Absolutely getting a lot of attention. 20-35 year old males are especially into the car. Posing with it in pictures, waiting in the rain to ask questions about it. Saying they "love the color". The grill haters are a very silent bunch. I picture them bitching like old men under their breath. I have yet to even overhear a negative comment. The car looks much better in person and much better from a higher angle. I'm at the beach and the sunsets and clean backgrounds of sand, water and the horizon really highlight the design of the car. I am a graphic designer by trade and purposely chose this car based on my reaction to the design language. I love when an established brand takes chances and flexes into the future. I feel like all previous BMW's I see with the kidney grills look... dare I say... kind of dated? Anyway, people hate change and creative people are the ones who gladly bear the burden of driving evolution and sometimes revolution... something I appreciate as a designer and enthusiast of design. So, I guess I like driving "aesthetic controversy".... especially when you have a huge smile on your face from within it. The car is phenomenally capable and infinitely adaptable. Initially you drive it like a sports car with all settings to match but then start playing with other configurations. I'm left handed so my M1 lever is set to '"all out" and my right is set to comfort and cruise. At night, driving in complete pitch black, on Sanibel Island I realized how comfortable the car is. The experience is so beautifully precise and those laser lights are so awesome. Bending to corners, adjusting high and low beams so elegantly and precisely, while your favorite tunes play and you are wrapped in LED lighting. It's a moment to enjoy. Then in the next moment, you are spanking a 911 while giving them a head start. To me a sports coupe is all about range and this one has it on multiple fronts. So my reaction to the grill haters is that we should all back our cars into every parking space worldwide with pride! Hope everyone who has their car is feeling the same way as I am. It's pretty f-in terrific!
bri10425941.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
mmckenzie216.50
heavyD^23688.50
AlterZgo1537.50
CanuckM665.50