05-06-2021, 02:59 PM   #32
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Car people KNOW the car. I've had non-car friends be like "oh you got a new car, looks nice". People that know cars are literally giddy with excitement when they see it. I've been shocked though at how many BMW owners have no idea about the car. People will strike up a conversation about it because they recognize it as new, but they'll have no idea what an M3 is even though they're driving a decently new 3 series or something. Just seems odd to me

There is one other new M3 in my neighborhood that I see out occasionally, and I always flash my lights and wave excitedly at him thinking he will be equally excited about his new M3. He always looks at me like I'm demented, so :
I believe those are the soccer mom, cars for the masses types that BMW is targeting these days. They are just happy to have a Roundel on their used 128 or X3. No offense to the 128/X3 crowd.

Because my last car was YMB and this one is a 'in the same ballpark as far as my average coworker is concerned' Enzian blue I'm guessing a good portion of people won't have a clue I got a new car. It's just the same smurf blue BMW I have had for years. I've shown pics of the car to a few people and they say, "oh, you're getting the same color."
Appreciate 0