View Single Post
      05-06-2021, 01:00 PM   #29
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

I generally look straight ahead when I’m driving, but I looked over a few days ago in prep for an exit and there was a late-20s/early-30s guy with a big smile on his face trying to get my attention throwing an enthusiastic thumbs up, so now I’ve started looking more often to be as courteous as possible and avoid inadvertently ignoring fellow admirers.

I’ve had multiple situations where I’ve punched it getting on the highway and other cars speed up to pull alongside and give thumbs up.

I’d say about 50% of curbside pickups involve an overt “Nice car!” reaction.

The only potentially negative reaction came from an F82 driver on the highway. We’re driving along in heavy rain and he came up behind me at speed, swerved around and in front of me, then almost immediately swerved across 4 lanes to make an exit.

I’ve come across an OG M2 on a curvy road (thumbs up), M2C in town (thumbs up), and an F90 M5 Competition (thumbs up, brief chat, and impromptu “performance comparison”). Also, had a random fun encounter with a 992 Convertible in the middle of the night - very capable car.
Appreciate 0