View Single Post
      04-15-2021, 03:05 AM   #1
snarkeygolbin
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

Winter tyres :-)

Hey all put my order in for the RWD yesterday.

Was unsure whether to wait for AWD but after two decent test drives (both in the dry) and the fact they gave me a stupid deal I could not refuse I went with RWD(I currently have an M140i, the traction seems great on the M3 compared with this!)

I live in the UK, dont plan on driving it in the snow as such (we dont get all that much and I work from home and have AWD suv if needed)...

But...

I will use it with low temperatures and the wet for distance travelling ( I want to drive it as often as possible).

I never did add winter tyres to the M140i but kind fo talked myself in the RWD as long as i use winter tyres.

What winter tyres do you recommend for a UK climate?

And howdoes it work (daft question I know). Do oyu keep a spare set of alloys with winter tyres on and swap them over or replace the tyres on current wheels for winter and back again for spring?

Do the tyres degrade in any wy if they are stored in say a cold garage (winter tyres stored over summber / summer tyres stored over winter).

Sorry for the daft questions, was so impressed by the G80 couldnt not wait and the deal they gave me saved me around £370 a month to what I expect to pay (approx 500usd) couldnt turn it down :-)
Appreciate 0