Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Owning an M3 has been a 20 year dream in the making for me with it all starting around the time the E46 was released. Sure, I knew of the E30 & E36 but those just didn’t speak to me like the E46 did, especially when I’d come across an E46 in Laguna Seca Blue.

I’ve had a fair amount of cars over the years (11 prior to this car) but the M3 still remained my one true love and desire for a vehicle. I was so close to getting an F80 at launch but as life would have it, it wasn’t in the plans at the time. Instead, it was my wife getting pregnant with our first daughter, which meant daycare costs were going to be coming ahead of any additional increases in car payment by picking up an F80! As time progressed and better promotions at work came about I was again close to picking up an F80 when low and behold, my wife was pregnant with our second daughter! That of course meant daycare payments times 2 for the time being so again I held off on picking up my first M car.
---
Just beautiful! I read your story and you and I share the fact of a long wait for this M car. For me it was almost 34 years I have wanted a M3 and like you had a bunch of bmws (9) until I could pull the trigger on mine.
Congratulations on a wonderful spec and all the additional IND color matched parts totally add to make your car a mean mamma jamma.

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019200.00