View Single Post
      12-22-2021, 01:06 PM   #16
NickPJT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 COMPETITION

Haha, you are right about the sim racing practice.

I was at the Sunwise track day as well with my M2 comp, I had never been to Laguna Seca or any track with my car for that matter. My only experience with any sort of track day was some motorcycle track days up at Thunderhill, but over the last few years I've put at least 150 hours on Laguna Seca in sim games such as Asseto Corsa and Gran Turismo Sport, I felt so at home on the track, though I did have to change up some of my braking zones as I didn't want to risk going into the dirt for a good lap haha.

I decided to go into the intermediate group and I was in aw of how amazing the track was it flows so well, the corkscrew being the best part by far. By the end of the day, I had a best lap of 1:46 lifting a bit by the sound booth as my car is pretty loud. Staying pinned over that turn 1 crest has to be one of the most amazing feelings I've ever had in a car, Overall, it was such a blast and I can't wait to go back, hoping I can get into the low 1:40s.

Thank you so much Sunwise Auto Group and @BMW Of San Rafael for an amazing track day, It's very rare for an auto group to do something like this in these times and it really shows their passion for BMWs and cars in general, not many would think to go the extra mile like this and invite all of their M customers to a private track day at such a historic track.

Last edited by NickPJT; 12-22-2021 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 5