View Single Post
      11-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #160
Jacky Treehorn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

80-90k car and they are pushing FYRE festival style marketing to the impulsive 16-25 yr olds out there that piss away money on $1,000 air jordans. It's a grab towards those top tier youths that have money likely from privileged backgrounds (and for those that don't and may have money in the future). BMW is competing head to head with Tesla in China now - so it's not surprising. There are thousands and thousands of youths in China that have the money for this car. They are just running all the numbers....throwing a cast net at them and see if they can grab some. I totally get it.

Part of me thinks they are adjusting strategy after increasing resistance in sales from a growing number of US millennials that are shifting towards home ownership and changing priorities/starting families. Millennials are becoming far more financially savvy/frugal (myself included) and buying a depreciating 80-90k car now is something I'm on the fence with. Not to mention, BMW was sued recently for inflating 2015-2019 US sales figures to keep pace with other brands, and keep meeting internal sales targets.

I think that is why brands like Subaru have been crushing it here with the millennial and older generations. They make a good product, no fluff. Marketing that connects with a big base. Reasonable price, fairly reliable, and a little bit of character. Ford knows it's workhorse, the F-150...they market towards the people that buy it, ect,

BMW is a bit lost on this I think they are running ideas on how to grab more sales from a car that may otherwise suffer low sales volume in traditionally/historically successful demographics like myself.
Appreciate 1
DRLane3982.50