Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
Let me share my perspective, perhaps I should have done so in my initial response (i have shared it previously in this thread).

I have several friends from NYC, South Florida, and LA who are super involved in the "Gear" world. I don't really get it but 2 of them own stores that sell this sh*t and do very well (new and vintage). They frequently have lines around the block to get into their place of business. Not bad.

Of the 3 friends I have in this industry, 2 of them plan on buying a G82 based on this collab. 1 is actually getting a Kith car, the other is getting a G82 competition. Neither of them had ANY inclination to buy a BMW or a performance car. Their idea of cars is an S560 Benz or a 7 series.

How's that bad for BMWM? And why is it worth complaining about?
I'm not complaining, just suggesting the predominant winner is KITH not BMW. The population that can afford these cars is relatively small, vs those that will wait in lines for a $250 sweatshirt.

That said, I'm 36 yrs old and I work in this space. I fully support your friend's success and they should buy whatever excites them.

Just not sure how durable this approach is to developing or maintaining brand loyalty. I believe their ROI would be higher at the base models.
Appreciate 0