View Single Post
      11-10-2020, 11:29 AM   #156
frankiebones
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
I disagree, the winner is KITH alone. It's unabated upside for their brand and better positions for the inevitable exit.

Any benefit BMW sees in the long run from future purchasing power is negated by alienating current customers with demonstrated purchasing power. No millennial is going to make a decision tomorrow on a past marketing scheme.

This should've been a collaboration at the entry level 3 series and maybe it would've drawn millennials from the Model 3. For their flagship motorsports division, they should've partnered with a brand that speaks the same language of purposeful design and engineered performance.
Let me share my perspective, perhaps I should have done so in my initial response (i have shared it previously in this thread).

I have several friends from NYC, South Florida, and LA who are super involved in the "Gear" world. I don't really get it but 2 of them own stores that sell this sh*t and do very well (new and vintage). They frequently have lines around the block to get into their place of business. Not bad.

Of the 3 friends I have in this industry, 2 of them plan on buying a G82 based on this collab. 1 is actually getting a Kith car, the other is getting a G82 competition. Neither of them had ANY inclination to buy a BMW or a performance car. Their idea of cars is an S560 Benz or a 7 series.

How's that bad for BMWM? And why is it worth complaining about?
Appreciate 0