View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 12:01 PM   #103
codestar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Model S P100D

Garage List
I'm not sure what constitutes the "younger" demo, but having just turned 30 I guess I'm somewhere in the middle.

In the roughly half of my life that I've been driving, every single one of the 7 cars I have owned has had three things: a stick, 2 doors, and the sportiest trim I could afford at the time (more than a few civic and prelude Si's). Landing a great job out of engineering school allowed me to upgrade to something better and I splurged on a lightly used 435i xdrive 6mt. In a pure comparison to my other "fun to drive" cars, this one blows them out of the water. I would say that my priority wasn't in the brand at the time, but in the car itself and how it drove and made me feel.

I'll be honest and say I had never even heard of Kith before this release, and I definitely do not want a giant ass decal across my beautiful exposed carbon fiber roof for a 40k price premium, but this 150-unit worldwide car isn't drawing me to the g82 in the slightest: the 6MT, 2 doors, and my "fun to drive" factor are what is going to make me a repeat customer.

I love nice clothes just as much as I love driving my car on some nice twisties, but even if there was a bigass arcteryx or Canucks logo in place of the kith logo I still wouldn't buy it. I'd just laugh at whoever paid the premium for it and continue enjoying my car that cost substantially less and has the exact same performance. (On second thought if the Canucks ever did this...... : : )

If a car like this helps bring in all of the tik tok and Instagram influencers, then kudos to BMW for recognizing that. 150 units out a global platform of 100's of thousands of units does pretty much nothing for them financially, but just maybe keep the cash flowing into the BMW brand in the future so BMW and M can keep doing what they do

Appreciate 3
Scorp!on1510.00
VetteGuy845.50