View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 08:39 AM   #97
Bimmermanforlife
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW m340i

Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
100% agree. How many damn SAVs does BMW make? X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6 and the list goes on, let alone all the M versions of these vehicles they make, totally watering down the specialness of the M badge. And this doesn't dissuade anyone from buying an M3 or an M8.

BMW wants a few more of their cars to show up in some hip-hop or pop videos, and as a business, they'd be silly not to go after this growing market...because videos drive purchase decisions, just like thin women walking down catwalks wearing crazy outfits drives women's purchasing decisions (no matter how ugly and audacious the clothes look).

BMW's a business, and they're going after every slice of the market they can get, because their Stakeholders demand it (mo' money, mo' money, mo' money! - Capitalism at its finest). They can't afford to do purity tests simply to please the BMW traditionalists.
I couldn't have said it better myself if I tried. I'm a Gen X'er and definitely a BMW enthusiast who is one of the 150 who pre-ordered the x Kith.

My partner in the purchase? My 19 year-old son who is as plugged in and cool as anyone else. We don't plan on driving the car [much], but I do drive the heck out of my 2020 m340i with flash and catted downpipes courtesy of Active Autowerke. I am one of these said capitalists and see what I consider marketing genius behind this effort. No need to hate - just posting our thought process and 2c to offer another perspective. This will become a collector's item, like it or not.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24818.50