Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Everyone does collabs now. Ben & Jerry's has Nike Dunk sneakers that look like ice cream, and Home Depot has Supreme measuring tapes in aisle 17...BMW is just being a follower.

I agree with the person who said I don't care as long as the cars are good. Which I have my doubts about but we'll see
Following? BMW was doing collabs when I came to the brand twenty years ago.
News to me. Are you talking about streetwear collabs? 20 years ago pretty much the only collab I was aware of was with Williams F1, which is still the only collaboration that I've cared about - but not completely relevant to this discussion
BMW was also doing things with PUMA way back then with their BMW PUMA M venture (...which is still hugely popular). It was a lifestyle line much like the KITH venture, targeted at the style focused youthful bunch (...who may or may not have been in a position to buy an ///M car, but who were made aware of BMW M through their love for PUMA attire)......albeit with no Puma inspired car. The PUMA ICON stores had entire sections dedicated to the BMW PUMA M venture and a lot of the jackets, hoodies, backpacks, shoes, etc. looked really cool. I even had some of that stuff back then. Prior to that it was with Nike. In addition, there was a Nike Air Jordan inspired M3 presented years ago, but I don't remember if that came from BMW or a third party.
Appreciate 0