10-26-2020, 10:59 AM   #442
V8Juice
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
I'm not coming from a M car but curious to hear what F8X folks are gonna switch to. In the same price bracket not many competitive choices unfortunately. In my shopping process seriously considered the G82, W205 C63S,and a few Porsche models ( 718 GTS and Macan GTS)

911s are a lot more expensive. A reasonably specced 992 C2S in Canada is easily top of line M5 money.

I'm personally bit sad missing out on the last year of W205 C63S Coupe. Mechanically the car is still awesome with the V8, the MCT gearbox and the trick traction control system that BMW def copied to the G8X 😁 .. but rest of car is rather long in the tooth and it's somehow even more expensive than G82 and AMGs lease horribly in Canada.

I quickly crossed off the current RS5 from the list, would argue the facelift Macan GTS or Turbo is the better application of the EA839 2.9TT V6 in this price range from VAG. The GTS Macan is a decent "deal " relative to the Turbo but I can't stomach >90k cad for the performance disparities vs G82.

That leaves the Giulia QF, the fossil specimen known as RCF and whatever comes out of Cadillac CT5 Blackwing.... Really need fresh competition!
I'm more surprised AMG is killing off the V8 in the c63 in favor of a hybridised version of their 4 pot in the A45. That will sway a lot of their clientele towards BMW M imo
Appreciate 1