View Single Post
      02-24-2019, 12:28 AM   #79
ecaedus
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Model 3 LR

if you price out a m3p vs the F80 m3 as closely as possible, F80 is going to be more expensive hands down after accounting for all the ev credits available. G80 will be no different.

i'm sure some people will still buy the G80 even if it's more expensive and slower in a straight line or 5-60mph than the m3p, performance pedigree, thrill and joy from ICE, consistency at the track, etc. but the problem for BMW is each M3P sold is one too many, it means one less customer for the G80.

and don't forget that the G80 needs to compete with alfa, c63, rs4 too, while you can argue that M3P is pretty much in it's own category since it's offering an inherently different product, meaning if you want a performance BEV? this is it, there is no other choice.

then again, if the G80 will have trouble from M3P taking away sales then i shudder to think what will happen to the lesser competitors, i honestly can't see a good reason for Lexus or Jaguar to even offer a high performance variant for their entry lvl sedan anymore in the next gen.
Appreciate 0