View Single Post
      05-23-2017, 08:20 AM   #36
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
You might want to have a look at this thread, Sometimes "numbers" can be deceiving: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1376759

I however agree that they sould have done "a little more" to the CS, particularly on the suspension.
Sure, I didn't mean to imply the CS would not perform better than other M4 models do. My point was that if they were really about growing M4 sales by offering something the competition doesn't, then they would offer up the water-injected S55 for clear class leading performance. In other words it isn't about what technically can be done - we all know the engineers could do that if asked - but about controlling costs. And tuning the standard motor via software wins that contest. If you can go with a low cost approach and still grow sales, then that's what you do.

Similarly, keeping the car RWD is a lot cheaper than going to AWD, so they will go that route until absolutely forced to do otherwise. Just my opinion based on armchair analysis and a hobbyist-level knowledge of the marketplace. But I don't think I am too far off on this.
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321104.50