07-18-2023, 07:40 PM   #39
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Think about your market and typical customer base for what you ask. A buyer of a couple year old M with every option could also afford a new M or a custom order, depending on their patience level.

What would a sports car enthusiast appreciate but not require?
-G8x Comp X-drive appeals to more people, same with Auto trans over Manual
-Custom colors have no resale add, so pick a color easy to maintain
-Well kept leather is necessary, but full leather is not a big plus for me since scrapes are more common in those areas
-Executive pack…necessary for resale
-Laser lights…very desirable, even at $1K
-Carbon interior for the shift paddles…add
-Park Assist Plus for the bird’s eye parking view for $700 and Drive Recorder for another $100…add
-Ventilated seats for $350…add
-Most sport-focused customers want the carbon top, not the sunroof

Things I skip:
Carbon exterior…easy to add aftermarket, and cheaper
Auto driving, or radar cruise…minor convenience to people who like to drive
M-drive pro…$900? And I only would use the variable TC feature, but at resale others would think I used the car for drifting
Carbon brakes, for $8500 you can buy nice racing brakes, and have $2K left over
M-drivers pack…$2500 to raise the top speed, and tell the next owner I tracked the car, nope
Most owners will pick their own wheels/tires and exhaust, so stick to stock

Just my $0.02
I don't see the point of leaving out cheap ($1700 out of $100k is pretty cheap) packages if the point is trying to "future proof" the car. Even if you wanted it once, it's going to be super disappointing that you don't have it. You call it a minor convenience, but the system is a godsend in heavy traffic, which I'm in quote often for the commutes.

As for the M-Drivers pack...anyone who's buying this aftermarket *not* assuming you're tracking a literal track-focused car...lol I feel bad for them. The fact that you didn't actually track is just a bonus.
Appreciate 1
DO4441410.50