Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightedBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Mari0 View Post
I dropped off the car on Tuesday and pick it up this afternoon. I was told two bearings were replaced. They told me only the lower oil pan was removed in order to replace them. I dont know how true this is.

They also did a 'mandatory' software update. This is where I have a problem and need some advice. It's called "Gx control program rates (telematic control unit)" 10084880100. After picking it up there is no difference between efficient and sport plus. My assumption is that they 'down-tuned' the M3 to protect the engine. The only thing mentioned by the service rep was the need to break it in for so many miles and not to rev it past 5500 RPMs.

The shop is closed for the weekend and I wont get an answer on this. I tried searching this topic and didn't find anything on this forum. Anyone have this issue?

— Mario

Anecdotal information appears to reflect I'm the only one with an engine replacement thus far. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
I think it's a good thing, although you have to wait longer for the new engine to arrive.

I had my engine replaced in my 2015 M3 after about a year of ownership. I just sold it when I got my G83. I never had any problems with the new engine. YMMV of course, but I think a new engine is better than a major repair.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0