View Single Post
      10-03-2021, 02:14 PM   #110
F1zbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

So, I recently got to see a TR M3 comp for the first time IRL at a local dealer.
I have to say, out of all the colours I have seen IRL on the G80, I believe TR might be one the best colours for the car.
I have so far seen the G80 in Black Metallic, IOMG, Brooklyn Gray and Skyscraper grey.
Tanzanite 2 I have seen on several other BMWs so I can imagine how that would look.

Anyway, back to the TR M3 I went to see.
In the showroom, with a mix of direct and indirect lights, it looked fantastic, with a subtle orange hue, as many has described but as many pictures also fails to show.

In many pictures it looks a lot more "deep red" or "ferrari red".

My only concern for my own build, is how it looks in other lighting conditions than in the showroom lighting.
Does it get more orange and lighter in diet sunlight and a more deep red in the shade and low light situations?

Could any one with more experience of TR chime in?
I have been looking at pictures (also in this thread) and videos like crazy but TR looks so different it's hard to tell what is actually an accurate representation of the colour.

I added a picture I took in showroom lighting that should have be pretty accurate colour wise, as a reference.

TR is on the top of my list at the moment but I want to make sure I won't regret my choice.

Thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by F1zbo; 10-03-2021 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Some clarification and added photo.
Appreciate 4
02M3ForMe4270.50
Rayien581.50