Jaymelo238
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw f90 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2siast View Post
That’s the thing though…
You have to drive to warm up the tires. You can’t warm up the tires without driving. You drive, you crash. So, if you have to drive before you warm up, you can crash while driving before you drive.

And I’m not going to debate whether winter tires work on ice or not. Kind of interesting some people still don’t understand winter tires exist… a video was posted once or twice already in this thread, I highly recommend watching it/them to learn about winter tires, for folks that live in places that don’t allow them to experience winter tires first hand (perhaps because the weather is mild).
The thing is man I wouldn’t recommend driving the car in freezing temps at all. All I am saying is that driving in the cold is okay as long as it’s above 40-45 degrees. I drive 5-10 miles under the speed limit or even 15 miles under until the tires warm up. These cars are engineered to catch traction , not lose traction. Especially the new M’s with their engineering. Obviously stay safe out there, I have had M’s all my life and currently have 3 of them all 2023 and up. These are incredible cars just treat them right according to the conditions and be safe out there!
Appreciate 0