01-16-2022, 04:11 PM   #61
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
And with a used car there's at least some justification to say they went with whatever they could find in their budget.

At some point though every car was purchased new. That's the story I'm interested in.

And of course how some cars make it past the chopping block from the manufacturer, like the Aztec.. an equally fascinating topic.
Well for a loooooong time IMO most American cars were either bland or ugly. Add to that the fact that many people are loyal to certain brands. Let's say you are a Pontiac guy, your daddy always bought Pontiacs and your grandaddy always bought Pontiac and you buy Pontiacs. However you now want an SUV.... welcome to the aztec owners club.

Some of the cars posted here I think are more marketing gimmick than truly ugly cars. That murano for instance is not inherently THAT ugly. The standard murano is not THAT ugly... but I can see where some marketing genius decided throw a convertible top on that bitch and now you get the convertible market AND the suv market... and it worked... for like 3 people.

Others like those boxy ugly scions and nissans I think are just trying to be hip and "cool". Mostly bought by younger people who want something different and "edgy" or whatever.

That's my guess.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317971.00