View Single Post
      01-14-2022, 08:25 PM   #47
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Someone needs to infiltrate these design teams and see what goes on over there. BMW would be the best place to start with the designs they've been churning out recently.

As for the Avenger, I agree it's not ugly. That's centered more around it being the odd choice compared to other cars in the class which (IMO) are probably superior. What I'm really curious about is the thought process where money isn't the concern. Is it because they associated it with a Dodge Charger which it kinda sorta resembles? If so that's a case study in halo cars and their influence downstream in the product line.

I like BMW's current designs. My wife has a G05 and I love the way it looks. The only design that is really "out there" to me is the big a$$ grille. And even that is getting more acceptable to me as time goes by. Seeing cars in person helped. Also, when I look at other cars on the road, many of them have big-a$$ grilles that rival or even top the BMW offering. I'd say most of the BMW offerings are nice, evolutionary designs. But then I again, I'm a fanboy who has been driving BMWs for over 30 years!
Appreciate 1
wtwo317971.00