04-19-2024, 12:26 PM   #4
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by road rage richie View Post
I dropped the car at the dealer to deal with the headlight situation and they said the computer is telling them I can do the break-in now at just over 400 miles. I am inclined to wait until I get closer to 1000 miles. The dealer is close and there are things to do by them.

Does it matter? 400 vs 1000 or 1200 range?

As a side issue they gave me a M440 loaner - the car I was originally thinking about getting - the M440 Grand Coupe (wanted ventilated seats) I have to say the G80 is TWICE the car for 20% more cash as I speced them. In a vacuum I am sure I would have been happy with the M light but now I would be pissed spending incrementally less for a far inferior machine. Granted the loaner is set to Eco (M3 mostly Efficient pre break-in) but I hit the brakes and though WTF why I am not stopping...... Just saying they are worlds apart and I would either go cheap with the 430 GC or the M3. Thats just me.
Driving the M440 made me feel really good about the G80.
The computer will always say break-in is due at 1200 miles from the factory until it's cleared after service. You don't want to do it at 400 though, like Swank said, wait until 1k+
Appreciate 0