Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerj100 View Post
I'm actually cross shopping a G8x and 992 at the moment. I still have a year+ warranty on my Alfa Giulia QV so I'm in no rush (which is a good thing given allocation constraints especially on the 911), but I'm finding myself very conflicted. Both cars are amazing but obviously have distinctly different personalities.

I know it's not all that common to be cross shipping these two given the price delta, but the resale value on 911s certainly dulls the pain of the initial price.

I've driven both recently and the BMW certainly has more brute force, but the 911 just feels like an extension of my mind... Which may be why I can't get it out of my head.

Good thing I have some time to decide. Any former/current 992 owners get a G8x yet? If so, interested to get your thoughts...
I have heard the wait is about a year for a 911
"Yeah, but guys no one wants a 911 when they can have an M3/M4."

**Checks ability to secure a 911 allocation and sees ridiculously long waiting period with lists 10 deep at every dealership compared to the G8X.**

Yeah, there is a reason Porsche sells them like hot cakes and they are year over year the most reliable/successful/best value long term sports car out there.

P.S. this was not directed at you, just an attempt at sarcasm that was aimed at the people who say the above quote.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
I have a tuned F90 M5 and I still daily my 992 more often. Anyone here trying to "justify" a G80 over a 992 is just too poor to own one. Enough with the 'ticks all the boxes' nonsense already.

I used to be of the same mindset and until I drove a 911 I "got it".
This is nonsense. There are plenty of reasons why an m3 makes more sense than a 992, overall usability being the most relevant. Also the g80 has such improved dynamics that I think it makes it much more of an enjoyable drive than the f80.

And I've "driven" every current 991 and 992 out and owned a 991.2s, 992s... and currently own a 991.2 gt3 and have a tts on order.

Let's not be the Porsche owners that lift their nose at other cars and deny their merits.
100% agree. In every Porsche gaggle there is always that one guy who calls people poor or says they are peasants or is just a general dick that brings down the rep of Porsche owners.

Then again, BMW meets aren't that better either.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
I have a tuned F90 M5 and I still daily my 992 more often. Anyone here trying to "justify" a G80 over a 992 is just too poor to own one. Enough with the 'ticks all the boxes' nonsense already.

I used to be of the same mindset and until I drove a 911 I "got it".
This is nonsense. There are plenty of reasons why an m3 makes more sense than a 992, overall usability being the most relevant. Also the g80 has such improved dynamics that I think it makes it much more of an enjoyable drive than the f80.

And I've "driven" every current 991 and 992 out and owned a 991.2s, 992s... and currently own a 991.2 gt3 and have a tts on order.

Let's not be the Porsche owners that lift their nose at other cars and deny their merits.
100% agree. In every Porsche gaggle there is always that one guy who calls people poor or says they are peasants or is just a general dick that brings down the rep of Porsche owners.

Then again, BMW meets aren't that better either.
So true, I feel I don't fit in with the bmw crowd or the Porsche crowd anymore. Too old for one and too young for the other!!!
Ehhhh I kind of understand where you're coming from. I've outgrown BMW car meets and at the tender age of 42 (...lol), I'm quite a bit younger than the average Porsche owner.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00