05-20-2021, 06:18 PM   #62
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
The point I never agree with in the M3/M4 vs 911 debate is the characterization of the 911 as an "all rounder"/"daily driver" . The 911 to me is just a toy car, it is an excellent toy and does accomplish its two goals amazingly 1) driving experience and 2) Exclusivity/luxury

Considering the 911 does not have to compromise for everyday practicality it should be dynamically superior to an M3/M4. I think it is great to use as a bar for what BMW can do with the M twins considering the functional requirements of the platform. I never understand the comparisons where one looks at a missing feature or dynamic "failure" of the M3/M4 and says "welp now i am switching to porsche" as if the two vehicles are interchangeable

for me a true daily driver has to be useable everyday of the week, with the 911 you can never
-take yourself and friend to the golf course along with both bags of clubs, really you cant even take yourself unless you are clown and put the clubs in the cabin on the passenger seat (would this count for HOV status?)
-self and partner for week away, at least not the way my wife packs
-self, partner, +1 child for anything but an in town trip (if you disagree tell me where the stroller goes lol)

The 911 however does
-dominate back roads
-dominate swagger in bumper to bumper traffic on the way to the office
So well said. G80 in my humble opinion is still a more attractive vehicle because it's more liveable on a daily basis.
Appreciate 0