View Single Post
      11-04-2021, 07:34 AM   #22
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM_G808 View Post
Update to the Michelin AS4 tires with the crazy rain we had tonight. Drove from Federal Way to Bellevue tonight with a heavy downpour we haven't had in a while. Temperature was in the low 50's and happy to report that the car did really well in the rain(I have the RWD Comp).

If you have driven on the 405 north in the heavy rain, you know there are water channels in some stretches of the middle lane and huge puddles on the right lane. I went through all of them without any issues. No matter AWD, AS tires, you will hydroplane some but just don't ever brake in it and you will be fine. I have never felt any tire spin or felt like I would lose control and spin out. I am not sure how the PS4S or Pzero will handle in these lower temps...

I was in eco mode the whole time on the way back driving anywhere from 55-65mph. Just don't drive like an idiot and you will be fine in this car!
Thanks for the info. I've had a good number of runs in light and heavy rain in the last week and a half or so, and the P-Zero's are probably my least favorite cool-rain tire I've had in many years. They're not bad once you're up to speed but they're god awful at LOW speeds. It's weird. I stand by a post I made a bit ago...they are much worse with 5k miles on them (or almost 5k) than they were new. I think it's one of the "holes" in tire reviews...they don't re-review them once they're well broken in.

It's hard to be sure since I've also changed cars so frickin' often over the last 8 and a half years, but I am sure that once the P-Zero's are off my car, they aren't going back on unless I need to use them at lease turn-in (though at the moment, I'm planning on buying out the car at lease-end unless something changes).

I'll post my thoughts on the PS AS4's after the weekend.
Appreciate 0