10-27-2020, 12:23 PM   #5
hockeygoalie35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp XDrive

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
I am also trying for a Fire Orange. Where did you get your profile pic by the way?

I have an early allocation (either a november or december build most likely).

I am going to submit Fire Orange and if they say no, i'll settle for Frozen Portimao Blue.

I am doing silverstone interior as well, for what it's worth.

While trying to see if the Kyalami Orange was a match or close to it for Fire Orange (It's not sadly), I played with the SPY car from the launch photos. Think I got it pretty close to the F80 FO.

Fingers crossed on that, I don't think you'll get it in a DEC build though, think you'd have to wait until March or so based on what I've been told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
the CF seats are hard to pass up for me. have you had the ventilation seats before in a BMW? IF not, what are your expectations for them? for me they really dont do much, they help with sucking up some of the moisture but nothing super over the top like cooling you down drastically. Since you are looking at build week next year in June July you will have a lot of time to check the cars out in person and see if any option catch your eye to remove or add
I can see why, but unless I sit in them and try them out, I don't think I can justify them. If I get the chance, you never know, I might fall in love with them. And I've never had ventilated seats before; The reason I want them is because one of the worst things I hated in my F32 was how hot the black seats got. I don't expect them to actively cool me, but to cool the seats quicker so it's not just about painful to sit in on a 90 degree day. Is that a reasonable expectation?
Also you're right, looking forward to seeing what people do.....any idea when my "final answer" so to speak is locked in?
Finally, when is the price negotiated, at deposit time, at build time, or when the car actually comes in? Thanks!
Appreciate 0