View Single Post
      08-04-2022, 02:16 AM   #16
spansar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 M320d, CANCELLED G42 M240i

Just to think, I had the opportunity to go work there for 1 week to see if I liked it. Sad to say after 2 days I decided to say it was not for me. I guess I was not that much into motor sport or cars then.. you really had to love the sport and I guess my younger self was a different person then. Remember after the cars came back from a race, we all went down to the workshop rooms to hear Ron Dennis give a speech on what happened, e.g Juan Pablo Montoya had a puncture and it was touch and go on finishing the last lap. Also the cars were back in the workshop and I remember they where in such a state, not cleaned and bits of tyre rubber all over the bodywork. Also during the live qualifying laps they piped announcements around the building speakers to let us know what was happening. I also recall you were not allowed to drink tea or coffee at your desks At break time everyone all gets up and walks to the canteen to have a cuppa.

Thanks for the photos and memories. I recall being given a one-on-one tour by the colleague that I was going to be replacing, and it has hardly changed.. Looks the same to me apart from some more cars..

Last edited by spansar; 08-04-2022 at 03:15 AM.. Reason: punctuation :)
Appreciate 3
overcoil3073.50
Mani5913467.50