02-21-2019, 08:37 AM   #238
Pic18
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F80 Comp, Spec E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4BR13L View Post
So basically like in Europe instead of paying 81.000 euro for the pure and instead pay 90.000 euro for the competition model not worth the cost? It’s not like we are talking about a 25.000 euro pure car and a 34.000 euro competition model.

I mean if you are willing to pay over 80.000 euro for a car why then not spend the extra money for a factory (and thus warranty) tuned version that comes with xdrive, and 8 speed auto box. Imho it will certainly be worth the extra money.

Sure if you are not planning to use it as a daily driver or are not always stuck in traffic then go for the base or pure model with RWD and manual transmission.
I realized after re-reading my comment and the quote it was based on I was comparing the wrong things and I do agree that at what is likely a 60 hp difference between the pure and competition it is worth it for the additional cost.

That said I slightly disagree in that just because I maybe able to afford $70,000 US, doesn't necessarily mean I can afford $80,000 US so from that perspective I will likely go with the pure whether or not I will use it as a daily driver.
Appreciate 0