Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Toronto Red M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
some of you really need to open your eyes, past BMW... for once...great time to be a car guy.
I love the Black Wing BUT I need to disagree with your comment that it's a good time to be a car guy.

Late 90s to early 2000s was peak...manual trans, hydrologic steering, analog controls, real sound and naturally aspired horse power. The G80 and peers are like flying a space ship with an extra thick condom.

I can only image what it's like to drive a Tesla. Don't get me wrong I love the environmental and safety advancements but our days of fun/pure driving are numbered.
I can't agree and disagree any more with this statement. I own a Model Y and it's truly a love hate relationship with it. I love it for everything it stands for and all it's tech but I hate it for the fact that in the end its a mode of transportation before a car. Sure being a performance model it keeps up with and in some cases smokes a lot of high end vehicles out there but you don't drive it but rather it drives you. It's too calculated and I couldn't wrap it around a pole if I wanted to hence why I decided to order a G80 to compensate for love of actually "driving."

Now to your statement about the 90's. Once again we grew up with the coolest cars that gave us the capabilities to personalize our cars to form our identities by way of mods, aero kits and so on and we didn't have to take on a second mortgage to get the work done or needed software to make certain parts work; however, these cars today are beast in their own right and all this tech not only makes it safer but efficient as well. 503 HP in an inline six is really impressive and there are other engines out there doing a whole lot more (ie GT2 RS).

I test drove the G82 and fell in love with how it felt and I really didn't push it that hard so I'm dying to take delivery of the G80 and bring it to a track and see everything it has to offer. I have high expectations for this vehicle mechanically and I feel like I wont be disappointed. I currently have an E93 but I'm expecting the G80 to surpass it in every aspect minus it missing two cylinders.
Appreciate 0