View Single Post
      11-24-2020, 12:02 AM   #112
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

I miss when Jeremy Clarkson, James May, or Richard Hammond would do car reviews...sigh. Or god forbid, Tiff Needell....

I think the main hate for supercarblondie is she's the "overly attached girlfriend" crazy / sexy look, but basically just regurgitates a few brochure talking points, never really drives the car more than 20 feet / 30 seconds worth of tooling around, and is OH MY GOD SO STUNNED AND EXCITED BY EVERYTHING LIKE OMG GUYS DID YOU KNOW THIS THING IS CARBON FIBER?!!!

The schtick gets old after like 2 videos, even if the first one sucked you in with "ooooo hot blonde lady and WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT CAR I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT HOLY - oh, it's a prototype? Oh, they're not actually going to drive it, just flash the lights and maybe rev it a couple times? Ooook...."

edit - this was the first time I learned about how the carbon fiber McLaren F1 was made, and also the first (and really, only) time I got THAT into watching a video about someone getting excited over carbon fiber :

Side note, that McLaren video is from like 1999. While there are just as good more modern videos detailing the production process, with higher quality video, production value, etc, the point is that it's monumentally more impressive and exciting than some trim bits and such. Maybe I'm just jaded, but dude, I'm in my mid 30s - I can't really blame anyone older than me who's seen far more for not really getting into supercarblondie's level of excitement over this you know?

Last edited by NorCalAthlete; 11-24-2020 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 2
MPSdriver192.00
Yeineken1300.50