10-14-2020, 12:14 PM   #26
GMCHEM83
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
Why why why ever purchase? The flexibility leasing gives you is awesome- something happens to the car on a finance and YOU eat the depreciation. I don’t see why financing is ever a better idea anymore, especially on a new model that will have an updated LCI in 3 years
I did read your second post after this one and that brings to mind my habit of switching out cars far more often that most folks I know. I think the romance of hanging on to a car forever is more of an idea than reality. This G8X looks amazing, it is pure eye candy (I saw it in person yesterday) but it is an $80K 3-series that shares the same engine as other BMW suvs. There is nothing special about it, aside from its chassis/looks. If after 3 years I want to keep it for a really long time, then I can buy it after the lease. Maybe it'll be the last ICE-powered manual M3, then it would be worth hanging on to. Like you said, though, life happens, things change and 6+ years of $1,100 payments is a tough pill to swallow once the "magic" has worn off.

GM
Appreciate 1
EXE462100.00