View Single Post
      09-22-2020, 04:21 PM   #621
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Does it make me a terrible person to judge people who say "I love it" to the front end design?

At the moment I think of them as the fake BMW enthusiast types who are addicted to IG.
My first BMW was an Alpine ‘92 325i, and as a teenager I loved that car to death. It wasn’t particularly fast, and with that rubber-like coating they used to put on the side skirts it wasn’t particularly great looking either. What I loved was the way it felt. The controls were intuitive. I could place the wheels in that little slot in speed bumps every time. I remember seeking out the nearby hills for some twisty roads for the first time. The roar from the M50 through each gear. It was a very driver-focused car, which was a new thing for me. Over time I had made some mods to it which was also a new thing for me. From the clear reflectors to the giant EEPROM computer chip that you had to actually install into the DME lol. I look back this time of my life fondly.

I think what BMW is and represents is probably different for everybody. To me, they make cars that feel a certain way. Maybe not the fastest or coolest, but theyÂ’re a pleasure to drive. I think they still do that today. I hope and assume these new MÂ’s will continue the tradition.

For the record, I donÂ’t have any social media other than this forum. I think the front end looks great. I think the front of the F80 is good looking too. I wouldnÂ’t call you a terrible person, I donÂ’t know you. Just saying there are real fans that like this design.