08-25-2021, 11:53 AM   #65
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimmy View Post
So.. I called one last time get some more clarification. I was in the Week 35 thread and there's people there that have actual estimated completion dates (e.g. September 7th), so I wanted to see if I could get that number.

I was told my order was scheduled for production on August 2nd and that was pretty much the last update. There's no actual scheduled completion date (like the actual day) which is a little worrisome, and I was given a bit about the chip shortages and that it might be delayed.

However, it's still showing that the factory has scheduled it for "Week 35 with a confirmed production finished on Week 36". The Genius person basically said it's a 50/50 on if it will be delayed or if their trackers are just behind. We're going to be in Week 35 next week so wouldn't I have already been bumped up if there was a delay?

So not sure what to think at this point My inclination is that the trackers are just lagging, but we had the one user here that's just been moved up to 150 and in the other threads (e.g. Week 35) there's movement.
I was told completion 9/7. It doesn't take long to assemble the car. I think "production begins" is a little misleading. You can change your build until it hits that stage. I think production begins really means "specs locked". Cars can hit that stage 1-2 weeks before completion, or a month. Doesn't really mean it's taking a long time to make the car if your car is stuck at production begins for awhile.

So, once you get a completion target date/week, that's what you should really go by.

Ignore the tracker during production. A few days before your target completion, you can call to see if it's on track. Then when your tracker says in transit, you can call to see what ship.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
Sbm007613.50