03-17-2021, 04:07 PM   #13
CanuckM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
I had an M2C and now have a G80 6MT.

At some point I'll be able to put a comparison of the two into words, but I'm not there yet.

The M2C is the best driver's car I've ever owned. It had a lot of usability limitations and there was a cost to how good of a drivers' car it is. The M3 is too new for me to really make many statements about it yet, but it is a very different car. It has more of a GT feel on the street than boy-racer, but I've barely scratched the surface of what it can do in so few miles.
Kudos on you taking the time to digest the new car before voicing elaborate opinions about it. I really also enjoy my M2C, plan is to also swap it with the G80 once it arrives.

Funny you mention the boy-racer feel, I am hoping this new car will bridge that gap...the lack of high end materials in the F87, luxurious cabin and comfort is what I am hoping the new car will provide. Naturally I am sure that will be at the cost of some "liveliness" but I am sure once this G80 is past break-in period (perhaps with the help of a tune) will be it's own animal.
2021 G80 6MT sold
Appreciate 0