View Single Post
      12-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #10
ram9cc
Private
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Tire operating ranges are dependent on the weight of your vehicle and the tire optimal grip temps.

The optimal temperature is static so the manufacturer would specify the right hot temp, then you need to take temperatures across the tread to see of youre over or under inflated. Hi temps in middle too high, etc..

Cold pressure is just a reference starting point.

I.e on my Michelin cup2 the optimal temp range is 180-200. And pressure for the g82 load range is 32- 33 psi hot as provided by jackson motorsports

In order to achieve that, I need to start at 26 cold. Another way is to start at 30 cold and continuously air down as the tire heats up.

When the tires get to 220 and higher they have much lower grip, so temp management is key.

Also, the in car tire temps are about 15 degrees lower than tire surface temps. The in wheel sensor is reading air temp inside the wheel. I have cup2 connects with the sensors on the tire and they measure hotter always. So you need to add about 15 degrees to what tpms reports

Edit, you should also chalk you shoulders to see if your wearing to the right spot, too low add pressure, too high, reduce.
this is golden set of tips.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0