10-11-2021, 02:55 PM   #9
StudioRSR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: AW G82 RSR "TD4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Damn computers ruin everything

Realistically, would a normie like myself even feel the need to get something like this if I'm rolling a spring or HAS kit, or is this targeted for the track-folk?
100%. In the least, even just with lowering springs or the HAS kit that you have, the pivot point of the tie-rods need to be corrected to prevent accentuated bumpsteer resulting from the lowered center. The tie-rod ends are the first thing we recommend when doing SPL upgrades piece-by-piece and we'd even venture to say the lowering springs/HAS kit WITH SPL Tie-Rods combination should be a requirement to be done together to maintain proper drivability that BMW engineered it with originally. The tie-rods are only $349 and can be done in less than an hour and adjusted the same time as a routine alignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunalot View Post
Then there is setup time. I have the full SPL setup on my F80 and it takes some who really knows what they are doing to get it set up correctly. I still have some annoying bump steer in the rear and every shop in my area is slammed.
The SPL parts make it easier to adjust settings. Install/Setup time is very much the same as any 4-way alignment.

It's the picking and choosing your own individual camber/caster/toe specs is what takes up the time and multiple track days to dial in. Hardcore guys change these settings for every track they go to, and sometimes every session to get every last tenth of a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
StudioRSR, slightly off topic: do you offer the same parts for F36 series?
We're checking if SPL has confirmed that they have parts for F36.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
I recently saw a video in which it mentioned an SPL front upper arm (thrust arm) snapping on track. Not sure of the full background, but would be interested to hear from anyone who has more details or experience with these arms.
If we're talking about the same video/person, we were there when it happened and it came down to a delaminated tire and hitting the wall at over 100mph. Hopefully it wasn't someone else..

www.studiorsr.com | email: info@studiorsr.com | call: 1-844-991-5582| Instagram: @studiorsr| StudioRSR G8x M3/M4 YouTube videos
For updates on your order, please email updates@studiorsr.com
Appreciate 0