View Single Post
      12-15-2021, 05:00 AM   #173
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
It's only predictions in terms of actual dates.

The actual outcome is going to happen, no matter what any of us will say. We can think of every excuse or reasoning on why it shouldn't happen, whether we involve politics or not. It's going to happen. That's the biggest hole in anyones' argument towards this EV subject.

I'm not an EV nut. This is real talk.

We can be car enthusiasts and speak the truth too you know.

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/automaker-ev-plans/

For some on that list, it's happening sooner. So plans do change.

People really think this is a hoax and they're going to change their mind, eliminate the EV plan and go back to ICE lol.
I’ll give you one thing brother you sure are filled with confidence. I’ve never heard anyone on any subject be so positive that they are right about something that’s going to happen in the future. Even politicians. The funny part is you have a percentage possibility of being right so two years from now you might be able to come back and give us a partial “see I told you so.”

So here’s my own, overbearing and full of myself prediction. I don’t believe EV will make it past 50% for the next 60 years. We have a massive oil industry here that will fight it and they have very powerful connections. Also the EV fan boy side had better hit the books when it comes to technology because what they have now sucks. How is EV going to power tractor trailers? Jet planes? Winnebagos? Farm tractors? Just to name a few. And I don’t care what anyone has said I have not read anywhere where they are even close to increasing charging times which is going to throw a massive wrench in your predictions. I travel 4000 miles a month for my work. I love having an efficient vehicle for that. In fact I drive a Toyota Camry hybrid. 40 miles to the gallon baby. I love it. I am not going to drive from Tampa to Atlanta and stop at some freaking charging station for an hour to get 50%. So until they have charging stations with very big parking lots everywhere they have gas stations and they can charge these cars to 90% in under 10 minutes your prediction is nothing more than that. A prediction. And I still don’t see how they’ll ever produce an electric motor that out does a diesel engine as far as pulling power for tractor trailers. I’m not saying they won’t invent one someday but I haven’t seen anything yet.

Now having said all this please understand one thing and that is I think electric vehicles are pretty cool. I always have. I think Tesla makes ugly cars but other manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz and BMW will make cool looking ones. I think the idea of them going extremely fast is very cool also. I like the idea that the consumer has the option. However I will fight tooth and nail to make sure that our government doesn’t force this technology on the people like they have in Europe and simple free market principles and capitalism allow it to take its natural course. It should not be the religion of global warming that calls the shots on this.
Appreciate 2