03-05-2024, 01:21 PM   #20
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by / / / M3 View Post
You don't see why some people might find his post in bad taste? Many of OP's countrymen are dead or mutilated. Many of those who are still alive are on the front lines, sitting in filthy trenches and destroyed buildings and waiting to be blown up by bombs or artillery, while their government is begging America and Europe for money. And the OP is talking about the war as motivation for dropping $100K+ on a luxury car. Yeah, it's a weird post alright.
YMMV on this one... The Russo-Ukrainian conflict has been going on for over ten years, and I imagine many in the region are pretty much numb to this topic. While there is pain, many want to live life and hope for the best. Many might've had the same sentiment as you before, but they're tired of putting their lives on pause and don't care if they become casualties of this war.

While I understand your perception of this post, I would take a second and look at it through the eyes of someone who's potentially lived in a damn near perpetual state of instability starting with the Soviet Union, economic collapses, government changes, and the last ten years of war.

I don't know OPs sitauation, and who am I to question... but maybe they've served before? Maybe OP was injured in combat? Maybe OP has a disability that prevents them from being effective in combat. Maybe OP is older and can't serve. I don't have an issue with this person living their best life... if they're dodging service, that's on their conscience, and they have to live with that.

I'm sure if something similar happened on our front, there would be plenty of dodgers around here asking the same damn questions.
Appreciate 1
IDKBRO683.00