07-07-2020, 09:42 PM   #101
icpee
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
I don't know what are you mumbling in here but there are people who will buy a car for performance and looks; together. Others can do it. Except BMW...

A performant car that looks like a pig is not everyone's taste. And when people laugh at you, you can not show them a list with technical specs nor say "Hey, I bought it for performance."
Or you would put stickers on it "I am beautiful inside"? (even that one sucks too lately)...
Screw that. Looks is actually more than performance. And if I truly want performance, there are many out there.
I bought the BMW for the package as whole, a benchmark "sporty sedan". BMW design was always neutral, not to warm, not too cold, just perfect balance for a normal looking sedan with a little badge on the corner. Now is an obnoxious pig.
Design ignites passion, feelings, desire.
Design is the tool that makes that performance package attractive. Otherwise, we can buy Elon's truck.
Honestly, if the design is that terrible -like in this case- I am not interested.
You can put whatever color and whatever performance in it.
I will buy the new RS6 and I will be happy with my purchase as it will make me happy to own it.

A piece of history?
If I buy a new car is not a "piece of history". And not lately with CLAR FWD platforms, no true RWD biased xDrive but a FWD Haldex instead, no corona rings, no Hofmeister kink, Z4 Fiat headlights, Lexus tail lights, etc, etc.
So what history are we talking about anyway?
Technical there is little history, design-wise the history is thrown in the garbage.

If I want history, I buy a late 1950 BMW 507, a E9 3.0 CSI, an E30 M3, or a very old model. That is history.

Otherwise, lots have history but don't shine today.
So much hurt in this post, i can almost feel it.

Alot of you live in the past. Hardly anyone has accepted the fact that times change and so do companies visions and priorities.
The BMW of yesterday with hoffmeister kink, angel eyes etc. is just that. The BMW of 'Yesterday'. People like yourself have a very hard time moving on from that.

Half these threads are people moaning about the design. It's not going to change and the moaning won't make BMW change their vision or pull the launch to rework the design.

The majority of potential customers don't frequent these boards or forums. They will buy anything BMW puts a badge on so you 'boycotting' a new M3 makes no difference. There will be thousands more lining up to buy one on launch day.
Appreciate 3
Hrmm55.50
JDUNITNOW3535.50
Sedan_Clan25120.00