07-07-2020, 07:37 PM   #89
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
I am starting to really like this direction BMW has taken. Yes it's completely different, but that's the point! It's to start the next generation of BMW design. Most people don't understand BMW or have done there homework on the history of BMW. If you do that you will see BMW has changed there cars with each generation leap. This being an M car not a M-sport but a true M. It had to be different to start the next chapter for BMW.

You have people here who will buy BMW for the NAME-
You have people here who will buy BMW for the Performance-

Then you have people who buy BMW not for just the car or how it looks but because you want to own something that has history and was a part of racing history. Most young people who buy BMW don't even understand what they are buying they just think it's something cool!

As always all the haters who don't like it now! When they see one in person or it's been modified- They will be the first to run and buy one lol
I don't know what are you mumbling in here but there are people who will buy a car for performance and looks; together. Others can do it. Except BMW...

A performant car that looks like a pig is not everyone's taste. And when people laugh at you, you can not show them a list with technical specs nor say "Hey, I bought it for performance."
Or you would put stickers on it "I am beautiful inside"? (even that one sucks too lately)...
Screw that. Looks is actually more than performance. And if I truly want performance, there are many out there.
I bought the BMW for the package as whole, a benchmark "sporty sedan". BMW design was always neutral, not to warm, not too cold, just perfect balance for a normal looking sedan with a little badge on the corner. Now is an obnoxious pig.
Design ignites passion, feelings, desire.
Design is the tool that makes that performance package attractive. Otherwise, we can buy Elon's truck.
Honestly, if the design is that terrible -like in this case- I am not interested.
You can put whatever color and whatever performance in it.
I will buy the new RS6 and I will be happy with my purchase as it will make me happy to own it.

A piece of history?
If I buy a new car is not a "piece of history". And not lately with CLAR FWD platforms, no true RWD biased xDrive but a FWD Haldex instead, no corona rings, no Hofmeister kink, Z4 Fiat headlights, Lexus tail lights, etc, etc.
So what history are we talking about anyway?
Technical there is little history, design-wise the history is thrown in the garbage.

If I want history, I buy a late 1950 BMW 507, a E9 3.0 CSI, an E30 M3, or a very old model. That is history.

Otherwise, lots have history but don't shine today.
Appreciate 12
eman45171724.50
stein_325i25084.50
Jockey3451.00
low1352213.00
EXE462100.00
ra2289305.50
pyrat15194.50
Dr.Deep1827.00
jmack548.50
A6bullet337.00