View Single Post
      05-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #370
MT4life
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i: Last MT 3er in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
We do not know, my hunch is that they will still offer a manual since they (BMW) have intimated thoroughly that they will, but there has been an adjustment of sorts, where the Pure, Base, Comp has been rearranged and a variant might be eliminated, probably Pure or Base.

The insider said he will no longer confirm manual, but take rates on 6MT F80’s was ~ 30% in North America the largest M3 market in the World, so it would be asinine not to offer the M3 in a manual. The take rate for M2 has been ~ 50% so 6MT is doing well recently, as opposed to Audi dropping it from the S4/A4 where take rates were below 10% in North America which is sad.

IMO, no way BMW tells ~ 30% of NA buyers to check out the competition, it makes no sense to not offer a 6MT, but it does not hurt to let your feelings be expressed. BMW! Give us three pedals!!!
Agreed.

1. It seems like, partially it's a self fulfilled prophecy. Same as what happened with 3 series MT. Dealers just wouldn't order them, no availability to test drive a MT. So the take rate decreased to nothing and then they could proclaim "no one wanted them so no more 3-er MT"
2. Audi is a different breed of customers, usually the opposite of BMW drivers. I'd say Tesla will steal more tree-huggers from Audi then BMW. Also I've driven A4 6MT for shits and giggles - awful, glad they dropped it. Again they probably made it disgusting on purpose so no one would buy it and they could say the take rate is low.
Appreciate 1
seis-speed2435.00