Thread: AMP Upgrade
View Single Post
      09-22-2021, 12:29 PM   #46
kwilliams312
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

DSP/Amp parts came in on Friday while I was out of town. I installed everything Monday and did a quick tune on the system to get things going.

New harness + MEC Analog input worked as I originally expected, everything it was plug and play. I had the amp plugged in and going in less than 15 minutes. I need to properly mount it for now its set aside for monitoring/troubleshooting and tuning.

So far:
- I've loaded the Match base tune for the UP10
- Done basic time alignment and some crossover work.

I'm still running all stock drivers for now; I can say the tweeters are garbage, especially above 10k; I don't expect any amount of EQ refinement to help.

Time Alignment makes a huge difference, the StageExpander feature in the Match10 help get the Left and Right front speakers a bit wider.

Where this setup comes up short is sharing the front 4" midrange driver and tweeter on the same channel for front L/R. Time alignment is impossible to get perfect because each speaker is a different distance from the driver; instead I'm using a rough average between the tweeter and mid-range to accomplish. Center channel definitely helps and the center is reasonably stable, but not laser sharp.

Later this week I'll be working on taking measurements with an RTA, further refining crossover points, and initial EQ work.

Now that everything is working, I'm also building a BOM for a pigtail adapter to adopt a non-match DSP without cutting any harnesses. This will allow me to swap out the Match10 with an Arc Audio PS8 Pro + PS8-50 combo or a full blown Helix DSP Ultra and run separate channels for each driver in the car.

This weekend I'll be swapping in the AD W800NEO 8" midbass drivers into the floor; but this car needs a real sub pretty badly.
Appreciate 4
ashmostro1254.00
Kansr164.50
M4Tejas795.50