Thread: AMP Upgrade
View Single Post
      12-11-2021, 10:08 PM   #55
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

I have never seen a requirement for FSC for any OEM amp, either you code it to the OEM HU/RAM output type, or it does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingi View Post
Yes, I know I need new speakers/harness and coding, that would be fine. The question is, if the AMP/Booster has component protection similar to e.g. the MGU headunit (the H&K RAM in the G20/80 and the G30 LCI B&W RAM have the same part number, e.g. 65129433257). In that case, once you swap the component from a used car or even if you get a new one, you will need to get a FSC code provided by BMW. As all FSC codes, it is specific to the VIN, and Im pretty sure BMW will not give me such a code for a B&W AMP with an i4 VIN. The one component thats important from the G30 is the amp.

To sum it up:
- Can you code the G20/G80 to work with the B&W amp from the G30?
- If you replace the stock Booster with the B&W amp from the G30, will component protection be triggered in any modules (HU, RAM, Booster)?

Getting a new FSC for the HU/RAM wouldnt be the issue, since they are stock, so the only part Im worried about is if the Booster has component protection as well. Additionally, even if the Booster does not have component protection, if the install will trigger PC of the HU or RAM, its not useful either...
Appreciate 0